The church is on the foundation of an earlier building; the west tower is early 14th century. The chancel, nave, north aisle and south chapel were rebuilt in 1823 and the vestry and arcade in 1882. For further information please download our information sheet here.
St James' Church, South Wraxall
South Wraxall, BA15 2SB St James Church is a simple, peaceful, rural church cherished by its loyal congregation but also supported by the whole of the village community. South Wraxall with a population of 320 people is a small but very social village. The church prides itself on meeting the needs of those who love traditional services. BCP, CW and Matins services are held in St James' regularly. South Wraxall Village Hall: When the village school closed in the 1970s the building was acquired as a hall for the village. A group of volunteers manages the hiring and cleaning of the hall a month at a time. The church uses the hall regularly for coffee after services. Toilets and car parking are provided by the hall, disabled access is possible and a ramp is soon to be available.
St James' is available for Weddings, Baptisms and Funerals. Please visit this page for further details
Safe guarding: Our commitment
We are committed to the safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and adults when they are vulnerable. The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry of all children and adults is extremely important to us. We aim to establish safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where there is a culture of informed vigilance of the dangers of abuse. In line with safer recruitment principles we carefully select and train all those whose responsibilities within the church require then to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) report, including training in the DBS disclosures. Each church has a Designated Safeguarding Representative. In the absence of this person, Ann as Rector fulfills this role. Find our safeguarding policy and the contact details of our safe guarding representatives here.